Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Some of you might be mad at me...
but i REALLY like this video.
The Dream - Love King
Simplicity, Representative of Content, Creative.
Granted, the Dream is no Brian Mcknight. There is no social or cultural responsibility in any of his music... and yes.. hes objectifying everything in a skirt. At this point... he is who he is as an artist. You accept that and dont support or you take what he gives you and analyze it as is. Knowing that, I think...
that this video is pretty great. I think the Dream is a great sonic entertainer. In that, he has none of the traits of an actual entertainer, but makes EXTREMELY ENTERTAINING MUSIC.
I give it an overall 7/10. How do you feel? Is it detrimental to our psyches in any way, or are young adults going to take it for what it is, do a couple of A-Town Stomps and move on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5/10
ReplyDeleteif it came on on TV I wouldnt change the channel but I def wouldnt search YouTube to watch it in my free time
Did you even listen with sound! lol
ReplyDeleteShit. I kind of like this and its upsetting me. Something about the video is remniscent of when i used to watch videos in front of a tv. I like the dancers, the popout and im ok with the mindless content as long as everyone knows its mindles. I dont know what it is. but i really like it to. dont feel bad
ReplyDeletei...secretly wish I was in this video...
ReplyDeleteit's creative and catchy- and I definitely watched all of it because I wanted to know who was gonna be the next kind of girl to come out from behind him lol
i actually think this is one of the best videos out right now....the song has a point and the video actually matches that point....that in and of itself is doing a lot for music videos nowadays. and the creativity....icing on the cake. not the best r&b artist of all time...but his music makes my head bop so thumbs up dream!
ReplyDelete