can be scary.Everybody under 35 knows who Drake is. AKA Captain Hook. His rise to hip hop stardom was one of the quickest ever. Now, everyone wants a piece. So much so, that artists ( or one in particular) are willing to pass off an unauthorized audio file of Drake rapping, as a feature on their song! Olivia, who was the "first lady" of G-unit is making a comeback. Her first single "Control', 'featured' Drake on the track. Well thats what we all thought... until Drake released this statement...
“I support artist collaborations and sampling music that inspires you but I don’t support taking unauthorized recordings and marketing them as features,” Drake told AllHipHop.com. “I’ve never worked with Olivia and I apologize to any fan who was duped into thinking that ‘Control’ was a collaboration of mine.”
Eeeek. Epic Fail! ::puts finger to the wind:: "A storms a comin! with heavy wind gusts and lawsuits abound!"
The lesson here: Integrity. I think thats what this industry is missing all around. The failure of industry execs to tap into the technology shift has resulted in desperate artists and producers. Deperate for publicity and royalties because inherent talent or a good song, really isnt good enough anymore. Lets all find ways to be innovative and not disingenuous.
Woowwwwwwww (in Flava Flav's voice) and the song is not half bad either. This tomfoolery gets no love!
ReplyDeletewow...that's so shameful. who okayed this move????????
ReplyDelete